Thursday, February 8, 2007

Valentine's gifts for women...

Ladies, I really wanted to get the Valentine's posts back to back, my apologies for the GAPS!!!

Men, this goes out to you.

Valentine's day is a time for you to really go all out and spoil your wife/girlfriend/partner. This is the time that you can actually do something extravagant and least expected of you.

Here are my all time favorite gifts

  1. Jewelry - either a ring, wristwatches , a necklace or earrings. If yore not sure what kind of jewelry she would like, then try and look through her jewelry box and figure out what is missing or just ask well in advance!
  2. Bags - Now not just any old bag will do the trick...if she is a designer babe (as most ladies nowadays are) then get her one she doesnt already have. If you also want to play it safe, then get her the latest from her favorite designer. If she isnt a designer chick...here is your opportunity to shine, by introducing her to it.
  3. Spa's - since some men aren't willing to try the spa just yet, you can either treat her to some pampering at home, with a massage, or buy her a spa session...
  4. Dinner - as long as she doesn't cook it, that could be VERY romantic...remember to set the mood ; that's what takes your dinner from boring to romantic! Buying and then laying it out for her is also an option.
  5. Lingerie - if you re buying her any clothes, it has to be sexy lingerie...there is just no other way to go!! If you re not in Nigeria, then furs work too...
  6. If she is a techie - you have loads of options, but again this isn't my favorite choice as its not romantic ...
  7. Romantic and creative lovemaking, remember - Making her feel like a queen, is KEY!
  8. Flowers , chocolates and flowers make us feel eben more loved

Almost everything that I listed for men, would work for women too - Happy Valentines day in advance!!

Enjoy!!!

13 comments:

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
May I add that gift cards from her favorite store are also nice.

I love high end handbags. My ex boyfriend(3), brought me two hideous handbags a few years ago. I almost broke it off because those bags were so ugly.

Paula D. said...

I wish I had a valentine! Great list!

Remi Fagbohun said...

@ Beauty...i feel your pain!!
But do you think gift cards are appropriate?? Thats for birthdays, xmas ... just my opinion!!

@ Paula...thx for visiting!! Your valentine might be closer than you think...

suburbannaijamom said...

remi, thanks 4 d concern dear. i have posted a blog abt some of whots hapenning

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic writeup... me and the boyfriend are doing the dinner thing(possibly a movie.. but it seems there's nothing really romantic out right now)... except maybe daddy's little girl? and of course the lingerie thing.. i got a special kama sutra book... we're gonna 'work it out' on wednesday.. lol.. its my first valentine... so i'm definitely going all out(well at least to the level i can with my limited student budget)... I already got the champagne at home so it should be greattttttt.. hope you have a great one too!

Favoured Girl said...

Great list! Happy Valentine's Day. Enjoy spending the day with you hubby!

Omara said...

Hello! I picked up some animal print shoes while in Portugal... please tell me they are in. :-)

Remi Fagbohun said...

@SNM - Hope things have normalized a bit...
@ ONB - Thanks for the lovely comment :)
@ Favored - Hope you enjoyed yours as well!!
@ Omara - Your prints will look HOT!!! I hope they are platforms...send me a picture, would love to see them.

Bella Naija said...

Thanks for the list Remi...
I will just have to forward it to some clueless people for future reference.
I love hangbags!
Fine I like the designer ones but I also love no-name bags as long as they are hot.
Some dude tht was chatting me up got me a Guess handbag for my b-day with a huge guess logo. I sweaaar I have not spoken to him since that day!!!!

LOL...so guys be careful what gift u send.

Anonymous said...

mami u alright.. update now.. e don tey small!

belissima said...

Wouldn't you believe I had great anticipation of how I was going to utilize some of your Val's day ideas but a spat between DH and I didn't let.. Thanks all the same.

Anonymous said...

hey bluntremi. I hope you are well . Pls take it easy and don't work too hard. Just checking on ya since you've not updated in a while

Unknown said...

Amen to introducing her to the designer handbags. LOL!!!

Hope you ahd a great day.